Effective Dec 2022, Wider Security has been certified as an SDVOSB.
The SDVOSB Sole Source program, governed under FAR 19.1406 “Sole source awards to service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns”, is an excellent contracting strategy to streamline the acquisition of our services.
19.1406 Sole source awards to service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns.
(a) A contracting officer shall consider a contract award to a SDVOSB concern on a sole source basis (see 6.302-5(b)(6)), before considering small business set-asides (see 19.203 and subpart 19.5) provided none of the exclusions of 19.1404 apply and-
(1) The contracting officer does not have a reasonable expectation that offers would be received from two or more service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns;
(2) The anticipated award price of the contract, including options, will not exceed-
(i) $6.5 million for a requirement within the NAICS codes for manufacturing; or
(ii) $4 million for a requirement within any other NAICS code;
(3) The requirement is not currently being performed by an 8(a) participant under the provisions of Subpart 19.8 or has been accepted as a requirement by SBA under Subpart 19.8;
(4) The service-disabled veteran-owned small business concern has been determined to be a responsible contractor with respect to performance; and
(5) Award can be made at a fair and reasonable price.
(b) The SBA has the right to appeal the contracting officer’s decision not to make a service-disabled veteran-owned small business sole source award.