This position will implement new and existing technology to help identify and mitigate security issues.
- Operating the vulnerability scanning tool set, including Nessus and Tenable.
- Improving business-wide knowledge and understanding of emerging threats.
- Reviewing and analyzing vulnerability data to identify trends and patterns.
- Advising employees responsible for remediation on the best reduction and remediation practices.
- Influencing the development of vulnerability management standards and security policies.
- Operating vulnerability management processes, suggesting applicable change controls, and security exceptions.
- Designing and implementing vulnerability reporting and monitoring solutions.
- Maintaining and updating process guides and assisting with reporting to leadership and service stakeholders.
- Assisting and supporting the team manager in incident handling/investigations.
- Performing risk-based technical assessments on technical vulnerabilities.
This position will be 4 days onsite and one day remote. Candidate would need to be within driving distance of Southeast Connecticut.
CISSP certification would be a plus